[Trainers] Non-Certified Instructors

Christina Koch koch.christinal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 09:28:16 CST 2017

Hi Danielle,

We always have a mix of certified/non-certified instructors at our
workshops.  Our process has been to ask that people help at a workshop
before teaching, since we run them frequently enough to make that
feasible.  We also *always* do a pre-workshop meeting to make sure that
everyone is on the same page in terms of expectations + what's being
taught.
I recently did a small workshop (1 hour) on workshop introductions +
introduction practice with our instructors and that went over well.

In the absence of workshop observation, I'd say that the format (sticky
notes, feedback, live coding) and setting a good tone/atmosphere (code of
conduct, motivation/demotivation) is the most important information for
people to know.  Pretty much what you've said!

Christina