[Trainers] Question about discussion session checkout requirement

Christina Koch koch.christinal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 15:56:46 CST 2017

Hi Amy,

The expectations for participation in the discussion session are not very
stringent -- we mainly want trainees to ask at least one question or
generally participate in the discussion.  We should edit the instructor
training notes to reflect this -- the first iteration of the checkout
process was more strict.

The discussion calls (
http://pad.software-carpentry.org/instructor-discussion) are completely
separate from the demo calls (
http://pad.software-carpentry.org/teaching-demos).  The discussion signup
has slots (4-5 per call) for trainees who are doing part of their checkout
and discussion hosts know to prompt trainees to ask questions.

Cheers,
Christina