[Maintainers] first steps with publishing

Greg Wilson gvwilson at software-carpentry.org
Mon May 18 17:02:37 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

Matt Davis and I managed to get a DOI for the shell-novice lesson this
afternoon - see https://zenodo.org/record/17723.  There are a few things
we're still trying to figure out:

1. It looks like the author list is auto-populated from the Git
history.  If there's a way to edit it, we haven't found it.

2. When we compare it with something like
https://zenodo.org/record/17641#.VVpSrecVM7x, the latter has a richer
description - don't know how to create that.

3. The license listed for our release is "Other (Open)".  Don't know how
to fix that.

The good news, actually creating this was relatively straightforward;
once we have fixes for the things above, it shouldn't take very long at
all to create releases and get DOIs for the other lessons.

Thanks,
Greg

Dr. Greg Wilson    | gvwilson at software-carpentry.org
Software Carpentry | http://software-carpentry.org