[Maintainers] how close are we to shipping?

W. Trevor King wking at tremily.us
Fri May 8 18:15:59 EDT 2015

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 06:46:08PM -0300, Raniere Silva wrote:
>         # pip install -r requirements.txt
>         $ update-copyright.py

You can also ‘pip install --user -r requirements.txt’ if you don't
want a system-wide install and/or you don't feel like running pip as
root.

>     edit `.mailmap` and
>
>         $ update-copyright.py

Editing .mailmap is only required if you have contributors who are
inconsistent about the user.name and user.email in their Git
configuration.  Add entries (like these [1]) to get a single entry in
the AUTHORS file for those users.  The file syntax is explained here
[2].

> 2.  Getting Ready box
>
>     Ivan Gonzalez suggested to add
>
>         > Getting ready {.ready}
>         >
>         > What learners need to do before the lesson
>
>     into `index.md` right after
>
>         > Prerequisites {.prereq}
>         >
>         > What learners need to know before the lesson
>
>     You will need to do this.

For those of you that want more backround motivation for changes like
this, see the discussion here [3].

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: https://github.com/swcarpentry/lesson-template/blob/gh-pages/.mailmap