[Admin-all] [DC] New workshop request: University of Michigan School of Nursing, United States

amy-noreply at software-carpentry.org amy-noreply at software-carpentry.org
Tue Jan 23 12:10:40 CST 2018

Submission date: Jan. 23, 2018, 1:10 p.m.
Workshop type: Data-Carpentry
Person: Kinnothan Nelson <<a href="mailto:gmoney at umich.edu">gmoney at umich.edu</a>>
Affiliation: University of Michigan School of Nursing
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country: United States
Alongside of a conference: —
Preferred date: July 1st - August 15th
Workshop language: English
Approx. number of attendees: 20-40 (one room, two instructors)
Attendees' fields: Genetics, genomics, bioinformatics, High performance computing, Medicine, Social sciences, Nursing
Attendees' academic level: Undergraduate or below, Graduate, Post-doctorate, Faculty
Workshop data types: Text mining Survey data, Genomic Data
Attendees' level of data analysis: Little to no prior computational experience, Some experience with data analysis in programming languages like R, SAS, Matlab or Python
Travel and accomodation costs covered by institution: yes
Administrative fee understanding: yes
Fee waiver requested: no
Travel reimbursement:
Comment: Would like to speak to someone about the process in detail, and if we can use instructors from our campus.

You can view the request here:
https://amy.software-carpentry.org/workshops/request/378/