[Admin-all] [SWC] New workshop request: Stanford University, United States

amy-noreply at software-carpentry.org amy-noreply at software-carpentry.org
Fri Jan 12 20:50:37 CST 2018

Submission date: Jan. 12, 2018, 9:50 p.m.
Workshop type: Software-Carpentry
Person: Stanford Neurosciences Institute <<a href="mailto:roula at stanford.edu">roula at stanford.edu</a>>
Affiliation: Stanford University
Location: Stanford, CA
Country: United States
Alongside of a conference: N/A
Preferred date: March 28 and 29, 2018
Workshop language: English
Approx. number of attendees: 20-40 (one room, two instructors)
Attendees' fields: Chemistry, Civil, mechanical, chemical, or nuclear engineering, Computer science/electrical engineering, Mathematics/statistics, Medicine, Organismal biology (ecology, botany, zoology, microbiology), Physics, Psychology/neuroscience, Social sciences,
Attendees' academic level: Undergraduate or below, Graduate, Post-doctorate, Faculty
Attendees' level of computing experience: Novice (uses a spreadsheet for data analysis rather than writing code), Intermediate (can write a few lines of code for personal use)
Travel and accomodation costs covered by institution: yes
Administrative fee understanding: yes
Fee waiver requested: no
Travel reimbursement: Book travel through our university or program. I am happy to book their flights, hotel stay and transportation
Administrative fee payment option: Non-profit / non-partner: US$2500
Comment: Reference email dated January 8, 2018 and January 11, 2018.
This is part of the Stanford Management Services agreement with Software Carpentry: Contact is Amy Hodge.

You can view the request here:
https://amy.software-carpentry.org/workshops/request/370/