[Admin-all] [SWC] New workshop request: US Army ERDC, United States

amy-noreply at software-carpentry.org amy-noreply at software-carpentry.org
Mon Apr 17 07:47:22 CDT 2017

Submission date: April 17, 2017, 7:47 a.m.
Workshop type: Software-Carpentry
Person: Chris Kees <<a href="mailto:cekees at gmail.com">cekees at gmail.com</a>>
Affiliation: US Army ERDC
Location: Vicksburg, MS
Country: United States
Alongside of a conference: ERDC Fluid-Structure Interaction Physical Modeling Workshop
Preferred date: May-June 2017
Workshop language: English
Approx. number of attendees: 20-40 (one room, two instructors)
Attendees' fields: Civil, mechanical, chemical, or nuclear engineering, Computer science/electrical engineering, Mathematics/statistics, Physics, Python, Unix shell scripting, Jupyter notebooks, data files (hdf5, netcdf, json, yaml)
Attendees' academic level: Undergraduate or below, Graduate, Post-doctorate
Attendees' level of computing experience: Novice (uses a spreadsheet for data analysis rather than writing code)
Travel and accomodation costs covered by institution: yes
Administrative fee understanding: yes
Fee waiver requested: no
Travel reimbursement: Book travel through our university or program.
Administrative fee payment option: Non-profit / non-partner: US$2500
Comment: We would like to hold and instructor training or advanced workshop at the same time, if possible.

You can view the request here:
https://amy.software-carpentry.org/workshops/request/243/