[Admin-all] [SWC] New workshop request: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, United States

amy-noreply at software-carpentry.org amy-noreply at software-carpentry.org
Thu Apr 6 16:50:34 CDT 2017

Submission date: April 6, 2017, 4:50 p.m.
Workshop type: Software-Carpentry
Person: Nicole Nichols <<a href="mailto:nicole.nichols at pnnl.gov">nicole.nichols at pnnl.gov</a>>
Affiliation: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Location: Richland, wa
Country: United States
Alongside of a conference: —
Preferred date: May 4-5th
Workshop language: English
Approx. number of attendees: 20-40 (one room, two instructors)
Attendees' fields: Chemistry, Civil, mechanical, chemical, or nuclear engineering, Genetics, genomics, bioinformatics, High performance computing, Organismal biology (ecology, botany, zoology, microbiology), Physics,
Attendees' academic level: Undergraduate or below, Graduate, Post-doctorate
Attendees' level of computing experience: Intermediate (can write a few lines of code for personal use)
Travel and accomodation costs covered by institution: yes
Administrative fee understanding: yes
Fee waiver requested: no
Travel reimbursement: Book travel through our university or program.
Administrative fee payment option: Self-organized: no fee (please let us know if you wish to make a donation)
Comment: We recently partnered as a gold partner.  We are self organizing our first workshop and have instructors identified but we would like one experienced SWC instructor to help mentor us.

You can view the request here:
https://amy.software-carpentry.org/workshops/request/236/