[Admin-all] [SWC] New workshop request: University of St Andrews, United Kingdom

amy-noreply at software-carpentry.org amy-noreply at software-carpentry.org
Mon Apr 3 16:14:35 CDT 2017

Submission date: April 3, 2017, 4:14 p.m.
Workshop type: Software-Carpentry
Person: Alexander Konovalov <<a href="mailto:alexander.konovalov at st-andrews.ac.uk">alexander.konovalov at st-andrews.ac.uk</a>>
Affiliation: University of St Andrews
Location: St Andrews
Country: United Kingdom
Alongside of a conference: —
Preferred date: may 18-19, 2017
Workshop language: English
Approx. number of attendees: 1-20 (one room, two instructors)
Attendees' fields: Don't know yet, University-wide internal workshop - expect a range of disciplines
Attendees' academic level: Post-doctorate, Faculty
Attendees' level of computing experience: Novice (uses a spreadsheet for data analysis rather than writing code), Intermediate (can write a few lines of code for personal use)
Travel and accomodation costs covered by institution: yes
Administrative fee understanding: yes
Fee waiver requested: no
Travel reimbursement: Instructors are local to the area
Administrative fee payment option: Self-organized: no fee (please let us know if you wish to make a donation)
Comment: This is the 2nd self-organised workshop in St Andrews this spring: https://alex-konovalov.github.io/2017-05-18-standrews/, and it's similar to the previous one: https://github.com/alex-konovalov/2017-03-23-standrews. We would like to discuss how to make a donation, and probably combining two in one payment would be easier for our university finances team.

You can view the request here:
https://amy.software-carpentry.org/workshops/request/233/